Welcome to the Hickory Nut Gorge Foundation’s Grant Program! We take pride in providing funding to non-profit organizations dedicated to helping our community members. Please review our funding goals, requirements, and grant process before applying.
The purpose of the HNG Foundation Grant Program is to support community groups’ efforts to serve the residents living in the Hickory Nut Gorge.
- The Foundation will consider proposals from non-profit groups, agencies, and organizations whose interests are consistent with the goals of the Foundation.
- The target population of program activities must include any/all of the following geographic areas: Lake Lure, Chimney Rock, Bat Cave, and/or Gerton.
- Grant programs must address at least one of the follow areas of focus:
- Enhancing & Protecting the environment
- Assisting people in need
- Supporting economic vitality
- Supporting education
- Advancing the arts
- Building community
- Promoting quality health
The following projects are NOT eligible for funding:
- Partisan, political or election-related activities
- Publication of books or reports
- Research and development of a for-profit endeavor
- The promotion of a for-profit entity and/or its products and services
- HNG Foundation grants are awarded in amounts of $250 - $2,500 per year
- HNG Foundation Grant funds may be used for any of the following:
- Technical assistance
- General operating
- Capital funding
- Organizational development
- Start-up costs
Applications will be reviewed by a small team of community-focused stakeholders who have experience in neighborhood and city development. Reviewers will assess and grade each project based on the following factors:
- “USEFULNESS” – Grant programs that make a REAL difference in the Hickory Nut Gorge community and truly help advance the wellbeing of the region.
- “WOWNESS” – Projects that are creative and out-of-the box.
- “IMPACT/BIGNESS” – Programs that make a large, and positive impact.
- “ORGANIZED/SYSTEMATIC” – Programs that are well planned, organized, and have clear goals, measurement, and evaluation steps in place.
- All grant applications are due no later than 5pm June 30th, 2021
- Award notifications will be made no later than August 20th, 2021
- Year-end/Final Reports from grantees are due no later than August 1st, 2022
To apply for a Hickory Nut Gorge Foundation Grant, please complete the online application located here: ONLINE APPLICATION
If you have questions about the grant program, or experience difficulties with the online application, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in enriching the health, wellbeing, and livelihood of the Hickory Nut Gorge community!